Saturday, February 5, 2011

Friday at Bells beach



Friday after work I headed down to Bells with a couple of friends, Johan and Arnou, and arranged to meet Rohan and Leroy there. we arrived to find Rohan had lost a fin and finished early but headed out to catch a few waves with leroy. The waves were breaking nicely in the bowl at a clean 3-4ft. My first wave was pretty sweet, a wide wave a bit overhead which broke perfectly down the line. I'm really enjoying riding the wooden fish, it is so fast and fun to ride and perfect for Bells at that size. We all had a really good surf and there were plenty of waves, it was my first session at bells where I made every wave all the way down the line so I was pretty stoked.
I think Johan caught the biggest wave, a wide set wave around 4ft+, I was paddling out as he was taking off and I thought that is going to be awesome!!!!!
As we finished our session and walked up the beach lightning started to flicker overhead and by the time we walked up the stairs the rain had become a torrent, quickly followed by hail and gale force winds, we could hear the guy's still in the water cheering!

Love Bells beach :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment