Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Contrast



I'm in India.
what to say other than I don't understand. It is at times like this that I mourn for the Earth. We are so sheltered in the west and no matter how much someone tells you about something it isn't real until you have seen it, experienced it, tasted it, Lived it! So how can I understand what poverty and all the things it brings is by just observing. I can feel compassion because I have reference points, there have been times in my life when I have been unemployed, or when I was a student I lived on beans for the last three weeks of every semester, but that was easy. I had support, family and friends.
Olivia cried once because the children on the TV didn't have food, she asked if she could save some of her dinner and send it. So even at 6 she has compassion.
So how do we ignore it as a race, when I see shows on TV whose weekly budgets would feed a small village for a year, turn pointless crap into drama, I mourn for the Earth.

Last week Bells was spectacular, beautiful weather and great waves all week saw the Rip Curl pro end on Saturday.
Sunday I surfed the Bowl in the morning and Winki in the afternoon.
It was a good day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment