Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday at Point Impossible






Yesterday I looked at the surf forecast for today and thought if I start work at 5.45am I can leave at 2.15pm and be in Torquay by 4pm which would give me about 2hrs of surfing and I would be back in Melbourne between 8 and 10pm depending on whether or not I ate there.
So after making the decision and setting my alarm, I got to bed early. I was still undecided as to where to surf this morning since today was a beautiful winters day with 4ft+ and offshore wind all day and with high tide around 4.30 reducing the choices of breaks that were working well, I was certain that it would be busy.

When a friend suggested Point Impossible, a reef that I haven't surfed for about 8 months I was not sure I wanted to go there since I had always struggled to get waves on my old mini-mal but I decided to try again since I have improved a bit since then, not to mention it is an amazing place being a marine wildlife reserve.

As I paddled out the sky was dancing with the ocean in a way that turned one to the other and back again, a kind of metamorphosis that only happens in certain light and times of day. A dance that was interrupted only by the breaking of waves, rising monolithic walls, translucent in the evening sunlight. I was so glad I made the trip.

Still smiling :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment